Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cover FX Conceal FX Camouflage Concealer

$27 for 0.5 oz (I bought mine at Sephora), but this baby is going to last forever.

I bought it primarily for use as undereye concealer, because I have dark circles there.  That area is also always very dry, no matter what kind of eye cream I use (at least, so far).  I was using Bobbi Brown's corrector (cream), but that still isn't quite emollient enough for me, so I decided to try something new.

The texture of this is still very thick, so it's easy to control how much comes out of the tube at once (it also has a very thin tip, as you can see).  I squeeze a tiny dot out onto a concealer brush, and then lightly paint it on the under eye area. 


The coverage is medium to full, I'd say, and the color matches nicely; it does do a good job of brightening the area.  However, texture wise, it seems to be a little too thick.  I always apply this over an eye cream, but it still tends to dry out and emphasize lines a bit.  However, the coverage and color are so nice, if I can find a good eye cream to prep the area first, I think this will be perfect.  It is also good for covering blemishes and dark spots.  And like I said, it'll last forever.  Recommended.

Ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, aqua, silica, diethylhexyl carbonate, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, squalane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, neopentyl glycol dicaprate, tricontanyl pvp, titanium dioxide, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), curcuma longa (tumeric) root extract, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, butylene glycol, cholesteryl hydroxstearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, ceteareth-25, dehydroacetic acid, linoleic acid, dimethiconol, linolenic acid, cetyl alcohol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, iron oxides, retinyl palmitate, carbomer, tin oxide, behenic acid, ceramide np, cholesterol, ceramide ns, polysorbate 20, ceramide ap, ceramide eop, ceramide eos, caprooyl phytosphingosine, caprooyl sphingosine, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3

may contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288)

No comments:

Post a Comment