Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bliss Fabulous Every Day Eye Cream

Yep.  ^ That's really what it's called.  Is it fabulous?  Fabulous is hard to live up to, I think.

Well, let me explain.  I've tried a handful of eye creams/gels, and since I'm still going, you can assume that I've never found something that I wanted to stick with.  The most common problem I have with eye products is that my skin apparently refuses to absorb them - they just form a sticky layer on the under eye area, and start to pill and rub off when I apply any foundation/concealer.  Very, very annoying!  I guess this means that the skin there is far too dry, or something.  I've tried Clinique's eye gel, the Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief eye cream, Bremenn Research Labs, Yes to Cucumbers.  Possibly a few more, I can't remember.  I'm trying to eliminate dark circles, and generally just keep the area hydrated so that I can apply a concealer/corrector without creases or that cakey look that comes with dryness.  Also, Momma said that she started using a good eye cream in her mid-twenties (and I'm just about there, sigh) so anti-aging benefits are beginning to be a plus.  (Mum has good skin.  I listen to her in beauty matters).

Of the ones that I've tried, the Bremenn and the Yes to Cucumbers forms that layer.  I returned the Bremenn to Sephora (thank goodness, it was the most expensive one so far, I think), but I kept the Yes to Cucumbers because I bought it from Target, and it's used, and...well.  Also, I discovered that while it doesn't do much for dark circles (or moisturizing), it does de-puff eyes pretty well.  One morning I woke up with considerable puffiness (from eating too much salty Korean food the night before, I think), so I put some of the Cucumber gel on the under eye baggage before breakfast.  After breakfast, when I was getting ready to do my makeup, the bags were gone!  Hurray.

The Clinique gel and the Skyn Iceland cream were both just "okay."  They didn't seem to do much for my dark circles, but they felt soothing and seemed to do a better job with moisturizing.   But...dark circles, they're not attractive.  They ruin everything.  So I moved on.  I was looking for an eye cream that:
  • hydrates the undereye area
  • gradually alleviates dark circles
  • has some anti-aging properties
The Bliss formula is touted to keep the undereye area hydrated, with an illuminating effect.  Also, Bliss claims that with regular use, it will lessen the appearance of dark circles and smooth out the appearance of fine lines.  Sounds good, right?

So, I've been using the Bliss cream for a week or so now.  At $28 for 0.5 oz, I figured, why not?  It comes in a slim tube with a nice screw-on cap, and it's easy to control the amount that comes out, via the tiny tip.

A little dot goes a long way - one tiny little dot for each eye is sufficient.  I use it at night (before going to bed) and in the morning, and it's too early to say whether it is having any significant effect, but it does feel nice.  And doesn't form that icky sticky layer.

I do think that my dark circles seem a teensy bit lighter, and the undereye area does seem to stay a little more moisturized, though my concealer (currently the Cover FX) still seems a bit dry going on.  Perhaps that's just a problem with the concealer itself? 

I will try to update in a week or so, to tell you if anything has changed.

Ingredients (from Sephora.com): Water (Aqua), Squalane, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Steareth-21, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide 2, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cholesterol, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Linoleate, Isopropyl Myristate, Laureth-7, Palmitic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sucrose Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment