Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Thursday...

I know, I know, it's TGIF, but I kind of like sitting down to think about all the fun things I've been excited about this week.

Like bread.  Bread making is a bit of work, especially if you, like me, lack a stand mixer.  But with books like this, everyone can make bread!  No, really.  I put off their method of bread making for a long time because I didn't have a big container to store the dough in (lame, I know) but now that I've done it...it's incredible.  It saves time, and the bread is so good.  I can't go back to store-bought.  I really can't.  I tried.  (Unless, of course, it's Japanese sandwich bread...I need to find a recipe for that stuff!)

I really want this collection.  The colors are lovely and not the usual bright, enthusiastic spring colors; I love that they're a bit subdued.  And these are full-sized bottles!  It's a steal.

Also, I have a confession.  I actually really like her.  And her book.  I didn't really read it for the fashion advice; I read it more because I think she's got fire and spunk and class, and I like her narrative.  I read an interview she did in some big magazine a couple weeks ago while I was waiting to get my hair cut; she's sardonic and hilarious, and I think she does well for herself.  She's not just Beckham's wife.

You know the way most people feel about shoes?  I feel that way about earrings.  (Who am I kidding?  I feel that way about shoes, too).  But the point is, I want these.  In all their sparkly, colorful goodness.  That green!  It's killing me.

I heart bracelets, too.  I got one of these for my birthday (in a pretty olive green color), and they're stackable and I want more.  I like shiny things.  S. said Valentine's Day is coming.  I guess that's a hint.  Or did I give the hint?

Matchbook Magazine.  Cute.  And fresh!  I like it.

This cake is beautiful.   I want piping skills like that!

And lastly, these are so cute.  I've never tried something like this, and now I really want to.  What should I make?

No comments:

Post a Comment