Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zoya Gigi

I don't normally go for girly colors (and this is definitely a girly color), but when Zoya had their 3 free deal, I figured it was a good opportunity to try something a little different.

The polish in the bottle is a lovely pale pink with visible bits of silver glitter.  That's pretty much how it shows up on your nails, too; it's fairly sheer, but this isn't really meant to be a powerful color.  With two coats, it's still barely there, but I think of it as a slightly amped up natural nail color - with sparkle!  It's nice for when I'm in a more muted, calm mood.  I think it'd be really cute on toenails, too - it'll just give them an extra hint of color and make them look like they're fresh from a pedicure.

The little glitter specks are very visible, and I tried to capture them in the pictures.  Click for a larger version.  These are both two coats, with top coat.

Click for larger.  Can you see the glitter?
All Zoya polishes are $7 each, and are free of formaldehyde, toluene, camphor and dbp.  This makes them exciting.  Not to mention the fabulous, extensive color selection.  And they always have good deals; last November I took advantage of their buy 5, get 5 free deal (fabulous fabulous!) and recently they did a Facebook promotion for three free polishes.  This means I have quite the collection now, and it's only going to grow!  Exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment