Monday, January 17, 2011

YSL Parisienne Eau de Parfum

I was never much of a perfume person; I occasionally used some sort of body spray (i.e. something light and barely there, like Bath and Body Works body sprays), but I never had much interest in perfume.  Really strong smells tend to make my head hurt, and I get tired of certain notes very quickly.

With that said, however, S. picked up a couple of colognes over the past year or so (he and my brother spent hours in Sephora picking the first one...it was quite hilarious, and equally endearing) and they were all me-approved.  This made me think that perhaps I could get used to wearing perfume, since I seemed to be able to tolerate his colognes.  For anyone interested, he has Calvin Klein's One Summer and the Ralph Lauren Double Black...which is a dumb name, but it smells wonderful.  Anyway.

So we spent another afternoon in Sephora, looking for a perfume that I liked.  It came down to Marc Jacob's Biscotti (a limited edition which is no longer available, it seems) and YSL Parisienne.  The Biscotti was definitely sweeter and subtler, and the YSL really smelled like...riesling.  Which I adore.  It's subtly sweet and floral, which surprised me; I didn't think I was a "sweet smell" kind of a girl.  Apparently I am.  We went with the Parisienne, because S. was opposed to me smelling like cupcakes (the Biscotti).  At Sephora, it's $65 for 1.6 oz.  The bottle is elegant and beautiful, with a heavy cap; I do not, however, like the plastic-y labeling.  It's supposed to resemble leather, I suppose, but it really, really doesn't.  That is the only gripe I have with the bottle, though.  The perfume itself is a lovely delicate pink, which makes it classic.

The fragrance of Parisienne isn't overpowering, but it does last all day, and it always seems a little different to me - it really interacts with my body chemistry, I guess.  But I haven't grown tired of it, and I wear it most days.  It has fruity notes and floral notes, and...I'm really bad at describing fragrances.  I always thought that the people who write the descriptions for wine and perfume must be really good at writing, um, adult-themed media.  Don't you think? 

Sephora's description (from Sephora.com):

The essence of a woman who is incredibly free—she is not from Paris, but Paris adopts her. She knows how to love, how to live. Parisienne is the fragrance of ultra-femininity and sensuality, built with notes of blackberry, damask rose, and sandalwood. The grand floral with a woody structure is luminous even in its mystery. 

Ingredients: Alcohol, parfum (fragrance), aqua, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, evernia furfuracea extract, benzyl salicylate, citronellol, tris(tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) citrate, propylene glycol, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl salicylate, limonene, bht, geraniol, citral, linalool, CI 60730 (ext violet 2), CI 17200 (red 33), CI 19140 (yellow 5), 8YDO6-1

No comments:

Post a Comment