Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Again!

Here's another "things I'm loving this week" issue.

Tomorrow is S.'s birthday, so tonight I'm making a lemon-raspberry layer cake, so that he can take it to work tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited.  Hopefully it comes out okay.  I made the raspberry curd yesterday, using this recipe.  All I can say is: raspberry curd is delicious.  Delicious.

The cake's gonna be a lot of work, but it'll be fun to decorate, I think, and S. deserves it.  The other day, I was craving ice cream, and he stopped at the store on the way home to pick up some of this.  Now, I'm all for fun flavors, and I'm the kind of girl who doesn't have a favorite because it depends what I'm in the mood for.  But a good vanilla will get me every time.  Every, single, time.  Villa Dolce Vanilla Gelato = win!

We went shopping for his present this past Sunday, because he decided that he wanted some new clothes; we went to Express, and I bought him a new vest and a new argyle sweater.  Then we went to Sunglass Hut.  S. had one of those $20 off coupons for his birthday, but he decided he didn't need any more glasses, so I looked around.  Bad idea.  I came home with this (in purple).  So.  Cute.  I love the purple - it makes them different, since I've already got a pair of black and a pair of brown shades.  They fit nicely - even with my very flat nose - and they are sturdy and came with both a soft microfiber bag, and a hard case.  Woohoo!  The only sad thing: the amount of gray and fog that's still around.  It'll be a while before I can wear them.

Boyce Avenue's cover of Teenage Dream.  Much better than the original, in my opinion (though I'm no fan of Katy Perry).  We're going to one of their concerts next month!  Tickets were just $16, woot!  We're going with some friends, and having dinner first at a cute little restaurant.  I'm excited.

Crisp.  Salted.  White Chocolate.  Oatmeal.  COOKIES.  Do it.  Do it now.  And have a good rest of the week.  With cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment