Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things I'm Loving This Week

Thursday...the not-quite-Friday, but finally over-Wednesday-the-hump day of the week.  It takes some effort for me to get through Thursday; you, too?  I know.

So I'm going to try to do this "list everything that gets me through the week" post on Thursdays.  We'll see how it goes.

Things I'm loving this week:

This spaghetti and chard dish.  Yes, S. does the cooking, but as a hungry spectator of the cooking process, I can tell you that this is a fairly easy recipe, and so delicious - especially if you like leafy greens.  Also, you can bake or saute the stems!  (Crunchy goodness, like bok choy stems).

Katie Armour loves it, and I do, too.  And it's only $79!  I have to think of a good reason to treat myself.

Doughnut muffins.  Just do it.

Her nails are always beautiful.  Even after watching a tutorial or two, I can't muster up the courage to try something like this.

Amazon is having a buy 2, get 1 free video game offer on select titles.  There are a variety of titles (some of them are fairly new/mainstream) and I managed to pick up something for my brother's birthday, something for part of S.'s birthday gift, and something for me!

Paolo Nutini: Candy.  It's been stuck in my head all week.

These cable knit "convertible gloves."  Or, as I call them, glove-mitten-things.  I got them for Christmas, and although I had seen them before, I initially thought they were a bit strange.  But...I love them.  I usually wear them with the mitten part buttoned back, but on really cold days I unbutton them and slip them over my frozen fingertips.  I like fingerless gloves; they make poking at my iPod/phone a lot easier, and they show off my nail polish ;)

What's keeping you going this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment